Grilled cheese is taken to the next level with this chicken cordon bleu grilled cheese!
A combination of swiss cheese, prosciutto, shredded chicken and a mayo/mustard blend is all sandwiched between two perfect slices of whole wheat bread. Toast these sandwiches on a hot griddle and the result is melty, gooey and utter deliciousness that’s perfect for a quick lunch or weeknight meal! Serve with a hot bowl of tomato soup for optimal results!
Those of you who work from home, do you guys ever skip lunch? I feel like I do this ALL the time. It’s like a vicious cycle. If I eat breakfast, I ultimately skip lunch. If I skip breakfast, I’m thrown completely off, and end up eating way too much for lunch and then I’m sleepy and physically drained by 4 pm.
I’ve been trying to stay on course. I feel like I made all of these New Year’s resolutions to stay on a stricter schedule this year, but I have been failing on all accounts. I don’t know if it’s because it’s cold and gets dark at 4 pm, but I am so tired all day. I feel like I get plenty of sleep, but am still so drained, and I think the fact that I’ve been skipping meals has a lot to do with it. These past two weeks I’ve been trying my hardest to force myself to eat lunch, whether I’m hungry or not, and I have to say it’s been helping!
Grilled cheese has become a staple lunch item for me lately. While I try to keep it on the healthier side most of the time, sometimes I just want to splurge (especially on Fridays). This chicken cordon bleu grilled cheese is one of my new favorites. I’m a sucker for chicken cordon bleu, but let’s be honest, it takes a while to make. Grilled cheese is the perfect alternative in getting that classic flavor without all of the work!
Add these chicken cordon bleu grilled cheese sandwiches to your weekly lunch or dinner menus and pair it with an IPA. You will be surprised at how well the bitterness in an IPA compliments the extreme savoriness that is this sandwich. I hope you guys enjoy!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 cups fully-cooked shredded chicken
- Serve with your favorite tomato soup recipe!
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo and dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Preheat a griddle pan over medium heat. Butter one side of 4 slices of bread. Place the slices, butter side down, onto the hot pan. Place a slice of cheese, a slice of prosciutto, 1/2 cup of chicken, 2 slices of prosciutto, and a slice of cheese in that order on each slice of bread. Take the four remaining slices of bread and spread 1 tablespoon of the mayo/mustard mixture on one side and butter the other side. Place the slices, mayo side down and butter side up on the sandwiches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Serve the chicken cordon bleu grilled cheese sandwiches immediately with your favorite tomato soup recipe and enjoy!