Slow cooker chicken teriyaki is a super flavorful and delicious weeknight dinner recipe. It’s perfect served on a bed of rice or a taco shell!
Beer I have this thing with brown ales and foods made or served with soy sauce. Honestly, I don’t think you can get a better pairing. The type of brown ale can vary however. Hoppier brown ales have become quite popular lately, and I don’t think they pair as well as a traditional brown ale. When you go to pick out your brown ale, the less hoppy the better.
Dinner If I were creating a three course meal with this recipe, I could go a couple of different ways. I would start with the perfect appetizer, and I think my Asian-style nachos are just perfect to start the meal with. The main course would of course consist of this slow cooker chicken teriyaki, and if you are serving it at a dinner party-like even, I definitely would go with serving it on a bed of rice. I would end the meal with this citrus crunch cake that I posted the other day. I don’t think you can go wrong with this meal!
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki with Pineapple Crema
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 sheet nori processed in a food processor until it resembles a fine powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp mayo
- SERVE WITH: pineapple crema, rice, corn tortillas, chopped cilantro
- Add the chicken breast to your slow cooker and season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, cornstarch, water, nori powder, crushed red pepper, ground ginger, and black pepper until smooth.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture into the slow cooker and spread it to coat the bottom. Place the chicken on top and pour the rest of the sauce on top.
- Slow cook the chicken for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low until the chicken is tender and falling apart.
- When the chicken is done, shred the chicken with two forks. Serve the chicken teriyaki immediately served on top of a bed of rice or corn tortillas. Drizzle with the pineapple crema (recipe below), sprinkle with fresh cilantro, and enjoy!
- To the bowl of your food processor, combine the pineapple chunks, pineapple yogurt and mayo. Pulse until smooth. Thin out if needed with additional yogurt. Store the pineapple crema in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.