Citrus Lavender Crepes with Amaretto-Infused Greek Yogurt are the perfect addition to your weekend brunch menus! They are bright and super simple to make!
I know. I know that the citrus is technically best in the winter, but let’s be honest, citrus is delicious any time of year. There is something about citrus that makes me think of spring, and I think it’s because it is so bright and cheerful. The weather has been pretty amazing here in southern Wyoming. I had the hankering for some crepes because of this beautiful weather, so I decided to dive right into the idea.
Crepes sound like they are tough, but as long as you get the batter (which should be a very thin pancake batter) to the right consistency, they are a cinch to make. To celebrate the start to spring, I decided to make a citrus crepe that has been infused with a little bit of lavender and served with an amaretto-flavored Greek yogurt. The combination is amazing you guys, and it’s perfect for weekend brunch. These crepes are a must-make this time of year (or really anytime of year). I hope you love them as much as I do!
I hope you guys are enjoying the start to spring! I think these citrus lavender crepes are the perfect way to celebrate! Enjoy!
Beer Citrus-flavored foods and saisons are one of my all-time favorite pairings. There is just something so bright and refreshing about a saison this time of year, and I feel the same way about citrus-flavored foods. A citrus pale ale or IPA would also work well for this pairing, but since you may be consuming these crepes for breakfast or brunch, I thought that a saison would be best. Hey though, if you are in the mood for an IPA at 8 in the morning, then be my guest! Anywho, I think this is a great pairing, and I hope you guys feel the same way!
Citrus Lavender Crepes with Amaretto-Infused Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops lavender extract
- zest from one orange
- zest from one meyer or regular lemon
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Add the amaretto liqueur to a small pan over medium heat. Warm for about 5 minutes or until most or all of the alcohol has cooked out. Transfer it to a small bowl to cool slightly before stirring in the Greek yogurt. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- To a blender, add the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla extract, lavender extract, orange zest, lemon zest, canola oil, flour, salt, and sugar. Pulse until completely smooth. At this point the batter should be very thin, but not water thin. Add water as needed if you feel it needs to be thinned out.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and spray with a nonstick spray. In 1/4 cup increments add the batter to the pan. Swirl the batter so that it fans out into a thin layer, Cook for about 45 seconds-1 minute or until the edges begin to lift and the top begins to harden. Flip the crepe and cook for an additional 20 seconds. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate. Repeat this step for the rest of the batter.
- Serve the crepes with amaretto-infused yogurt and additional zest if desired. Enjoy!