Roasted pork chops with smashed potato sheet pan dinner recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal!
Good morning, friends! I hope the start of the week is treating you well. I’m kind of sad it’s Monday already. Why do weekends fly by so quickly?! It’s so annoying! Zach and I had a pretty good weekend. It was pretty uneventful. We went for a few runs, enjoyed some times outside, and played catch-up on chores and blog work. It’s funny. I don’t mind working if it’s from the comforts of my couch. ;)
This recipe is one of my favorite recipes for busy weeknights. Zach and I are all about keeping it simple, and it doesn’t get much simpler than this one. Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you. This recipe is robust in flavor. It’s pretty good for you and it will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters!
This recipe is one of our favorites for a quick weeknight meal. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do!
Beer I don’t pair with amber ales nearly enough. It’s not normally my go to brew, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great ones out there. When they are brewed the proper way, they are actually super delicious. I love amber ales with comfort foods such as this one. They pair really really well with pork dishes, which is the main reason I decided to pair an amber with this dish. Ambers are usually high in malty goodness and rarely hoppy. You don’t want a beer that’s too hoppy for this dish as it is very light, so an amber works just perfectly!
Roasted Pork Chops and Smashed Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1.5 lb yellow baby potatoes
- 1 tsp paprika + a pinch
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- fresh greens optional
- chopped parsley garnish
- Add the potatoes to a large pot. Fill with just enough water so that the potatoes are covered. Season with salt and place on the stove over high heat. Bring the potatoes to a boil and then lower the heat just a tad. Cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Remove from heat and drain.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with a nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon paprika, dry oregano, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Rub the combination all over the pork chops and place them on one side of the pan. Place the potatoes on the other side, and smash each one with the back of a spoon. Season the potatoes with salt and black pepper and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the pork chops and potatoes for about 20-25 minutes or until the pork is cooked to your liking and the potatoes are nice and crisp. Pull the pan from the oven and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream and mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper and dollop the sour cream on the potatoes and pork chops. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy immediately!