These Fudgy Chocolate Stout Brownies with Strawberry Buttercream are the perfect spring treat. They are bursting with strawberry flavor!
I’ve been on quite the sweet recipe kick lately. Hardly ever do I post this many sweet recipes within a month’s time. I rarely post a sweet recipe in a 6 month period. I think it’s because I’m not that great of a baker and I’ve been really trying to amp up my skills. I’m not perfect by any means. For some reason I still can not perfect the cupcake, but I can do coffee cakes and brownies. Today’s post is all about the brownies. I’ve done a version of this recipe before. In the last version, I used brown butter and bourbon instead of beer, but the general gist is essentially the same. The biggest difference is the frosting.
I wanted to bring some spring into these sweet treats, and the strawberry buttercream does just that. It’s light and fluffy and the perfect texture to counter the super fudgy and dense brownies. This dessert is one of my favorite recipes of the year, and I hope you agree! Enjoy!
Fudgy Chocolate Stout Brownies with Strawberry Buttercream
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup stout beer
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp strawberry extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- Optional: fresh strawberries for topping.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8in baking pan with parchment paper, leaving enough overhang for easy release later on. Spray with a nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a saucepan set over medium low heat. Stir continuously as both ingredients melt. Once smooth, remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- To the bowl, whisk in the sugars until smooth and creamy. Add each egg, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Whisk in the beer, vanilla and salt. Fold in the flour until just moistened and pour into the prepared baking pan. Smooth out the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely at room temperature.
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the buttercream. In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the butter, strawberry preserves, vanilla extract, strawberry extract, salt, and confectioner's sugar. Mix until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Once the brownies are cool, frost and decorate the top of your brownies. Add fresh strawberries if desired. Enjoy!