Are you looking for a quick and easy sweet recipe to satisfy that sweet tooth? Look no further than these oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bowls!
I think that this recipe is pretty self explanatory when it comes to beer pairings, but indulge me if you will. If it were me, the maliter the brew the better. This is not the time to pull out your hoppiest IPA. A porter or robust stout would be my picks for this recipe. A porter might be the slightly better choice as it isn’t as robust as your average stout, therefore, it won’t overpower the cookie. No one wants a beer that is going to overpower a cookie. You might even consider going with a chocolate or vanilla porter. A chocolate or vanilla porter will really enhance the flavor of this cookie. It shouldn’t be a cloyingly sweet porter because that too will take away from the flavor of the cookie. The slight bitterness will really counteract the sweetness from the cookie.
PSA: Don’t worry. I am not drinking beer during this pregnancy. :) My tried and true taste tester, Zach, has been willing to step up to the challenge.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowls
Have you guys also jumped on the baking bandwagon since this whole social distancing/self-isolation/self-quarantine situation began? I have gone a little crazy in the kitchen when it comes to baked goods. This pregnancy might be partially to blame as I am constantly cravings carbs and sweets. Between experimenting with sourdough and pizza dough, recipes like this recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bowls have definitely made their way into the rotation. Sometimes you just need something sweet and you don’t want to wait 4 hours to eat that sweet treat. This recipe is perfect for such an occasion. This recipe is literally complete in less than 45 minutes. It requires almost no prep. It is the perfect sweet treat if you don’t want a ton of leftovers, because if you are like me, those sweet leftovers last about 12 hours…if that.
Are you looking for more great cookie recipes on Cooking and Beer? Well, we have a ton of them! Check out some of my favorite cookie recipes!
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and have two oven-safe bowls or cups ready. Be sure your vessel is at least 8 ounces in size. NOTE: Pottery works great for this recipe and is what I used.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugars and butter until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, oats, salt, and baking soda. Stir together until no dry ingredients remain. Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Divide the batter among the two bowls or cups. Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are done to your liking. Personally, I like mine a bit under-baked. :)
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before eating. Top with ice cream!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, and be sure to tag us if you make/made this dish!