Smoky peach mezcal margaritas are the perfect way to celebrate summer!
Smoky Peach Mezcal Margarita
There’s little more refreshing than a margarita on a summer day. Traditional margaritas made with fresh lime juice usually do the trick, but sometimes you might just crave something a little “crazier.” This is where these smoky peach mezcal margaritas come in. Mezcal is hit or miss with some folks. It is definitely smokier and often stronger than traditional tequila, but that’s also what makes it so special and so perfect for this recipe. These margaritas are the perfect blend of smoky, spicy, tart, and sweet. Peach and lime come together to complete the entire flavor profile, and don’t forget the spicy salt rim — which in my opinion, might just be the best part of all.
Can I use tequila instead?
Of course you can! If mezcal just isn’t your thing, don’t fret! You can totally use tequila instead.
Are there other fruit options?
Of course! Go to town. Get crazy. You can use whatever you like. My personal favorites for this recipe are strawberry, mango, and papaya!
Do I really have to add a salt rim?
Of course not! Zach hates a salt rim, so we always make his without. I do urge you to give it a shot with the Tajín (with or without salt). The Tajín really enhances the overall flavor of the margarita.
Do I need to use a high-end tequila or mezcal?
Honestly, you don’t need to go crazy. Mezcal is definitely usually more expensive than tequila (in the states at least), so if you are on a budget, maybe opt for tequila instead. I prefer Don Julio for an everyday tequila and Montelobos for an everyday mezcal.
Are you looking for more great cocktail recipes on Cooking and Beer? Well, we have a ton of them! Check out some of my favorite cocktail recipes!
Smoky Peach Mezcal Margaritas
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peaches thawed, if frozen
- splash of water
- 6 oz Mezcal
- 4 oz triple sec
- 4 oz lime juice squeezed fresh
- 2 oz simple syrup see below for recipe
- Tajín and margarita salt optional
- Combine peaches and a splash or two of water in a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a large cocktail shaker (or working in batches as needed), combine 4 ounces of the peach puree, mezcal, triple sec, lime juice, and simple syrup. Place the lid on the cocktail shaker, and shake, shake, shake.
- Dip each glass in a combination of Tajín and margarita salt. Fill each glass with ice and then pour the margaritas. Enjoy immediately!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, and be sure to tag us if you make this dish!