This three cheese pull apart bread is the perfect quick and simple appetizer recipe!
Three Cheese Pull Apart Bread
This three cheese pull apart bread is the perfect quick and simple appetizer recipe for the holidays. 30 minutes and just a hand full of ingredients: that’s all it really takes. This recipe is cheesy, garlicky, herby, and comforting: the must-have ingredients for the perfect holiday recipe. Serve it for a crowd (might want to consider whipping up a few loaves) or prepare it just for two (like we did). Either way, this recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
What will I need to make this pull apart bread (see recipe below for entire ingredient list)?
1 loaf crusty round bread
sharp white cheddar cheese
canned grated parmesan cheese
How deep should I cut into the bread?
You certainly want to be careful when cutting through the loaf of bread. You want to be able to get deep down in there, but you don’t want to cut all the way through. I usually go between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way through the loaf just to be safe.
Three Cheese Pull Apart Bread
Can I make this pull apart bread ahead of time?
You actually can! I would prepare the bread up until the baking step. Stick it in the fridge if you will be baking the next day. Alternatively, you can prepare all of the ingredients ahead of time and then assemble the bread when you are all set to bake.
Does this pull apart bread reheat well?
Meh. It’s OK. It’s not as good as when it comes fresh out of the oven, but I have been known to refrigerate after eating a large portion and then pop it back in the oven to reheat. Again, not ideal, but it does the trick.
Are you looking for more great appetizer recipes on Cooking and Beer? Well, we have a ton of them! Check out some of my favorite appetizer recipes!
- 1 loaf crusty round bread example: artisan, sourdough, etc.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley + extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce store-bought is fine
- 1-2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese the kind that comes in the can
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Cut the bread (making sure not to cut all the way through) into 1inx1in squares. Place on the baking sheet.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic, parsley, and thyme in a small bowl. Brush the mixture into the open spaces of the bread. Reserve about a tablespoon to brush on top.
- Stuff pinches of cheese into the open spaces of the bread. It's going to be messy. The cheese is going to sprinkle out of the little notches. This is OK. Spread the remaining melted butter on top.
- Cover the baking sheet with a very loose foil tent. Bake the bread for 15 minutes. Then remove the foil tent and bake for 5 minutes more. Remove the bread from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve with marinara (or ranch is also great!) and a sprinkling of parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, and be sure to tag us if you make this dish!