I’m channeling my inner mixologist today and sharing my love for cocktails made with beer. I’m going to be perfectly honest with you guys. I DON’T love cocktails. I don’t love cocktails, that is, unless bourbon is involved. I can down a manhattan in just seconds. Basically if there is bourbon somewhere in the mix I just adore it. This may be why I have a not-so-secret obsession with beer that has been aged in bourbon barrels. These apple, pumpkin beer cocktails are probably the best thing to come out of a shaker glass, and you guys have got to try it this holiday season.
I don’t think this recipe could be posted at a more appropriate time. I mean we are under a week from Halloween, and Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
These apple, pumpkin beer cocktails…oh my…it’s like pumpkin pie and apple pie got together and had a beautiful baby. A baby made up of bourbon, pumpkin ale, apple cider and lemon juice.
Top it off with some cranberries and cinnamon sticks. It’s oh so festive!
I swear to you. It’s like Thanksgiving in a glass.
- 8 ounces good-quality bourbon
- 9 ounces apple cider
- 2 1/2 ounces lemon juice
- 12 ounces pumpkin ale
- cinnamon sticks and cranberries for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, shake together the bourbon, apple cider and lemon juice. Pour into 4 glasses filled with ice.
- Pour the beer evenly into each glass.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and cranberries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from Men’s Health