I’m not so sure about you guys, but I know that I am in full game day mode. I mean, we essentially only have a week and a half left until the football season is over! *sad face* I get so sad this time of year because what am I supposed to do until next August!? Well, I know one thing to be true, the next couple of weeks are going to be jam-packed with game day food. Let the Super Bowl party planning begin, and this game day recipe for bacon goat cheese burgers with honey and arugula has to make it on to your Super Bowl menu!
I love serving sandwiches on game day. It makes things so easy, not only for you (the host), but for your guests as well. Everyone wants to make easy food as well as eat easy food, and by easy food I mean the kind that you can pick up with your hands and go to town on. The big game will certainly have our undivided attention, and picking up a fork and knife is the last thing we want to worry about!
These burgers are so easy, you guys. Not only are they super simple, but they involve some of my favorite ingredients. I have been wanting to post a goat cheese burger recipe for quite a while, and here you are! I have finally done it!
The vessel for this delicious bacon goat cheese burger are Cobblestone Bread Co. super soft Corn Dusted Kaiser Rolls. Toasted to perfection, these rolls acted as the perfect base for such a savory burger. The arugula adds the perfect peppery element, while the tang from the goat cheese and the sweetness from the honey really brings it all together.
Oh, and the bacon…I feel like that should go without saying. Crispy, salty bacon: the perfect ingredient to round the whole thing out.
This cure for sandwich sameness is the perfect way to spice up your Super Bowl menu. Start the party planning and add these bacon goat cheese burgers to the list!
One more thing before I head out for the day: head over to Kitchen Daily to check out 10 Sandwich Recipes for the Ultimate Superbowl Party! These are 10 sandwiches that you do not want to miss out on!
Recipe for this DELISH bacon goat cheese burger with honey and arugula is below! Check it out and have a wonderful day! – xo
Bacon Goat Cheese Burgers with Honey and ArugulaPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- non-stick canola oil spray
- 4 Cobblestone Bread Co. Corn Dusted Kaiser Rolls
- 8 strips of fully-cooked crispy bacon
- 1 1/3 cups baby arugula
- 1 10- ounce log goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly to combine, until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Form the mixture into 4 equal-sized (quarter pound) burgers. Spray each side of the patties with a non-stick canola oil spray. Set aside.
- Heat a large griddle or grill pan over medium to medium-high heat. Once hot, add your burger patties. Cook the burgers to your liking, flipping them half way through (5-6 minutes on each side for medium). Remove the burgers from the pan and set aside to rest for just a couple of minutes. Leave the stove on, with the heat set to medium-low.
- While your burgers are resting, take your rolls and separate the tops from the bottoms. Place the inside of each roll down onto the hot griddle or grill pan and toast until lightly brown. I was able to toast two whole rolls (4 whole rolls) at a time. Set aside.
- Assemble your burgers by layering two slices of bacon and 1/3 cup of arugula on each roll bottom. Place the burger patty on top, and then top with goat cheese. Drizzle a tablespoon of honey on each burger and then place on the roll tops.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!