You know what I think of when I think of warm weather? Cocktails! Fruity, delicious, tangy cocktails! I know what you are thinking. “Hey Justine, you’re a publisher of a blog called Cooking and Beer!” Yes, it is no surprise to anyone that I love craft beer, but I love wine too. I also love a good manhattan and a salty margarita every once in a while! Margaritas are one of my go-to cocktails in the summertime. They are so cool and refreshing, and they are the perfect blank canvas to create any flavor combination you want. These blackberry lime margaritas are the perfect way to ring in spring!
What better way to celebrate Friday than with a blackberry lime margarita? Along with a couple of blogger friends of mine, we are here to bring you round two of our series devoted to all things essential oils. Last month it was all about the lemon, and this month we are celebrating lime!
Lime essential oil is such a fabulous ingredient to cook with, and I knew I had to make a cocktail with it. Blackberry and lime come together to create such a classic margarita flavor combo. It’s such a refreshing way to celebrate the start of spring!
Well, that’s all I have for you today! If you are interested in learning more about Young Living Essential Oils, shoot me a comment or email and I’d be happy to pass the info along! Below is a group of delicious lime recipes utilizing lime essential oil plus my recipe for blackberry lime margaritas. Have a great weekend everyone! xo
Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup blackberries
Blackberry Lime Margaritas
- 1/2 cup blackberry simple syrup
- 4-5 drops lime essential oil 2 tablespoons lime juice may be substituted
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 ounces Grand Marnier liquor
- 8 ounces good-quality tequila
- Garnish: lime wedges blackberries, salt rim
- Combine the sugar, water and blackberries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, breaking the blackberries up with the back of a spoon. Strain the syrup through a mesh strainer into a bowl and set aside. Chill until you are ready to use.
- To a cocktail shaker, add the blackberry simple syrup, lime essential oil, lime juice, Grand Marnier and tequila. Shake vigorously and then pour into salt rimmed glasses filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedges and blackberries.