Pasta with Garlic Infused Olive Oil and Green Veggies is a simple recipe that is sure to be a hit at dinnertime!
Pasta is cooked to an al dente perfection. Tossed with a blend of fresh green beans, bright green peas and wilted spinach, this pasta recipe packs some heat with a slight sprinkling of crushed red pepper. It is mixed in a homemade garlic infused olive oil that is also perfect for dipping and sautéing!
Carbs on carbs: that’s how I’ve decided we will celebrate Sunday. This pasta with garlic infused olive oil and green veggies is another pantry staple that I’ve been so excited to share with you guys.
With the big move only days away, it’s all about simplicity. As Zach and I try to rummage our way through the pantry and fridge as we make it our goal to get rid of everything, we have had to get as creative as humanly possible.
It’s not hard to get creative when it comes to pasta through. It’s like a blank vessel for all things delicious. Because I have about 55 bags of dry pasta and 12 boxes of panko bread crumbs, you guys get to enjoy yet another pasta recipe topped with toasted bread crumbs!
If nothing else, at least I’m consistent. Come on guys. Throw me a bone here. I’ll try to cool it on the carbs on carbs recipes from here on it. ;) Well, I’ll try to at least. I do love me some hearty carbs.
Anyway, I hope you guys have had a wonderful weekend and are enjoying what’s left of it! Add this pasta dish to your weekday menu plan and pair it with a pale ale! You will be so glad you did. ;) Talk to you guys tomorrow! xo
Pasta with Garlic Infused Olive Oil and Green VeggiesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1 pound dry pasta of choice I used linguine
- salt and black pepper
- 2 cups green beans ends trimmed off and cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup peas thawed if frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated finely
- Suggested Toppings: toasted breadcrumbs fresh dill
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the tops off of the garlic heads, exposing the garlic underneath. Place the garlic heads in two mold of a muffin tin, exposed garlic facing up. Cover with foil and place in the oven. Roast the garlic for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, release the cloves from the head by pressing firmly on the bottom. Place the garlic cloves in a medium saucepan.
- To the saucepan, also add the olive oil. Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the mixture just begins to bubble. Remove from heat and let cool completely at room temperature. Strain the oil through a mesh strainer and into a glass container. Cover and refrigerate the oil.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook per manufacturer's instructions until cooked to al dente. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare your veggies. To a large sauté pan, heat 3 tablespoons of the infused olive oil over medium heat. Add the green beans and peas. Season with salt and black pepper and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes. Add the spinach, and continue to cook until the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add the pasta, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the infused olive oil to the pan with the veggies. Toss to coat fully and melt the cheese.
- Serve the pasta topped with toasted breadcrumbs, fresh dill and additional parmesan cheese.