This grilled corn and avocado salad is the perfect side dish for your next backyard barbecue!
Good morning and happy Wednesday! Let’s celebrate the week being halfway over with this grilled corn and avocado salad!
In addition to making this post all about Blue Diamond’s Artisan Nut Thins, today I thought I’d pay tribute to all things corn and avocado! I first had my glimpse of sweet summer corn this past Friday at the farmer’s market. I feel like the same thoughts were going through everyone’s minds at the same time. It was like a mad dash to scoop up as much corn as humanly possible. There was literally one farmer from Colorado selling it and trust me, it did not last very long. It’s insane how crazy people go for fresh corn, and while corn is still not QUITE at it’s peak (our growing season started a little late this year), it was still scrumptious.
In the end, I bought way too much corn, and even whipping up my white bean, chicken and corn chowder wasn’t enough to get rid of it all! As a result, this grilled corn and avocado salad was born.
While we will never have local avocados here in Wyoming, I love the pairing of corn and avocados. There’s just something about this combination that screams “summer!” Everytime I make guacamole, there is corn involved. This grilled corn and avocado salad is kind of like deconstructed guacamole. Kind of. I mean I still dolloped fresh mashed avocado mixed with cilantro and lime on top, but the rest of the ingredients you may find in a guacamole are scattered on top: ripe tomatoes, crispy red onion, and spicy jalapenos. It’s a fun way to serve “guacamole” you guys. Don’t doubt it.
A light citrusy vinaigrette will make the perfect topping for this salad, and Blue Diamond’s Flax Seed Artisan Nut Thins or Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thins are the perfect dipping vessels for that mashed avocado. This salad is definitely one that’s perfect for a small outdoor gathering. It’s fresh, light and perfectly crisp.
What’s not to love?!
Find the recipe for this grilled corn and avocado salad below! Have a wonderful day everyone and I’ll talk to you all tomorrow! xo
- 1 ear of corn in the husk
- 2 avocados pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro divided
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 4 avocados pitted, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno seeds and stem removed, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced thin
- 2 roma tomatoes seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- mixture of Blue Diamond's Flax Seed Artisan Nut Thins and Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thins for dipping
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Add the corn cob and grill on all sides until slightly charred, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before cutting the kernels from the cob. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mashed avocado, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and the lime juice. Set aside.
- Assemble your salads by layering baby arugula on a large serving platter. On top, add the sliced avocado, jalapeno, tomatoes, red onion and corn. Dollop the mashed avocado on top and sprinkle with the remaining cilantro.
- Serve with Blue Diamond's Flax Seed Artisan Nut Thins and Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thins for dipping into the mashed avocado.
- Enjoy immediately!
I”m so with you- corn and avocado are everything right now! I just can’t get enough and this salad is totally calling my name ;)
Sending some your way, pretty lady! <3
Love the bright, beautiful colors!
This looks unbelievably delicious, we eat a lot of nut thins around here so I’m definitely making this soon!
I hope you enjoy it, Sara! Thanks girl!
Oh my goodness. I would not be able to stop eating this!
I could not stop eating it. :/
This looks fabulous! I’m such a fan of grilled corn and everyone loves a little avo :) Pinning!
Thanks for the pin, Medha! <3
This post has me starry eyed!! GORGEOUS!!! Seriously lady, bravo!
Aw, you’re the sweetest. <3 <3 <3
Now that is one pretty salad! I am obsessed with corn right now and avocado is always a good idea so definitely making this soon!
This has all the things I love! Must try soon!
Woohoo! Thanks Jaren!
The photos make my mouth water!!! I happen to have several avocados ripe and ready to pick and corn was plentiful at the farmer’s market this morning so this recipe is definitely on the menu for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing the photos and recipe :)
Thank you so much, Kristal!
So glad I stopped in today! I’m definitely going to have to try this salad. And those Nut Thins add just the right crunch! Big fan of Blue Diamond products.
Me too! Thanks Suzy!
Ahhh the photos are gorgeous! It looks so good I could eat my computer screen :) Corn JUST starting popping up where I am. So excited to try this!
Aw, thank you Amanda! xo
I am completely obsessed with avocado. These looks so fresh and delicious! Thanks for the recipe.
Yay! Thanks Mary!