Stovetop Mac and Cheese with Bacon and Chicken Recipe: a super cheesy, one-pot meal that’s perfect for a weeknight!
While this stovetop mac and cheese recipe is delicious all on it’s on, this recipe is all about the spice mix, which includes paprika, cayenne pepper, and chili powder just to name a few. Crispy bacon and savory chicken breast sets this mac and cheese apart from the rest. Make this mac and cheese when you are pressed for time. It can be on the table in under 30 minutes!
Why hello there friends! Happy Friday to you all! I hope all of you have some fabulous plans this weekend! Zach and I will be headed down to Denver to partake in some more Great American Beer Festival activities. If you guys have been following for a while, you know that this has become an annual tradition. I look most forward to this festival mostly because of the food and beer pairings. So much food from amazing chefs around the nation paired with the best craft beer around; how could that possibly be bad!? Can you tell I’m excited? Because yeah, I’m excited.
Anywho, I thought we would celebrate GABF weekend and it being Friday with a ton of carbs, cheese and baaaaaaaacon.
I know. I may have gone a little too far with this recipe, but it’s been taking up some prime real estate in the old recipe vault for like 2 months now. I thought it was time to finally share it with you guys. I know what you are thinking. This is one guilty pleasure of a meal, but it’s so good you guys.
Please try it. You will love it. I know you will. :) Recipe for this stovetop mac and cheese with bacon and chicken is below! Pair it with a brown ale and have a wonderful weekend!
Stovetop Mac and Cheese with Bacon and ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups small pasta like small shells or elbow macaroni
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 4 strips of bacon cooked until crispy and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, sugar, cayenne pepper, chili powder and corn starch. Set aside.
- To a dutch oven, add the oil. Heat over medium heat and add the chicken. Brown on all sides, about 4 minutes. It's ok if the chicken isn't cooked through. It will continue to cook as you add the rest of the ingredients. Add the milk, half and half, water, pasta and the spices that you mixed together earlier. Bring the mixture to a boil and then cover. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese in 1/2 cup increments until melty.
- Serve the stovetop mac and cheese garnished with crispy bacon and fresh parsley. Enjoy!