Almond sweet potato breakfast bowls are a healthy and fulfilling way to start your day. With breakfast being the most important meal of the day, these breakfast bowls are loaded with all things good for you.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Serve up your best with the perfect vegetarian breakfast bowls!
Happy Friday, friends! I hope you all have had a fabulous week, and have some fun filled plans for the weekend! Zach and I plan on keeping things pretty low-key. Besides getting some gardening done, we plan on spending much of the weekend relaxing.
One of the things I love about summer, besides the relaxing part, is the ability to be more active. It’s hard to stay motivated in the winter. Besides spending weekends skiing, I tend to hibernate all winter long. It’s hard to get yourself out in 0 degrees F for a quick run. When summer comes around, there are really no excuses. I actually enjoy my daily runs because who doesn’t love spending time out in the sunshine!
When it comes to staying active in the summer, breakfast becomes even more important. I am a firm believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day no matter what season it is, but I really try to focus on breakfast in the summer when I’m running so much. These almond sweet potato breakfast bowls are the perfect before or after workout meal. They pack a ton of protein and essential nutrients that are imperative for starting your day on an energizing start.
With Blue Diamond being an official sponsor of this year’s USA Volleyball team, I can’t think of a better time to share this recipe with you guys! It’s a great time to get active! So grab a volleyball or break out the running shoes. Whip up these almond sweet potato breakfast bowls and get outside. You won’t regret it!
One more thing before I say goodbye for today: I would love if you guys could participate in this survey! If you participate and complete it, you will be entered for a chance to win a $50 VISA gift card! It’s only 13 questions and should only take a couple of minutes, and I would so appreciate it!
I hope you guys enjoy the recipe for these almond sweet potato breakfast bowls. It’s one of my favorites!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk unsweetened
- 1 cup dry israeli couscous
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups arugula/spinach blend
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 large eggs cooked to your liking (I poached mine)
- 1 tablespoon roasted and sliced almonds
- fresh parsley garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and poke with a few holes. Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until tender. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool for just a few minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling, prepare your couscous. Add 1 1/2 cups of the Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk to a medium saucepan. Bring to a light boil. Stir in the couscous. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper, reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer the couscous for 10 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the couscous is tender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and keep warm on the stove while you finish up your breakfast bowls.
- Remove the skin from the potatoes and place in a medium bowl. Mash with a potato masher and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk and butter. Season with salt and black pepper. Divide the potatoes between two bowls.
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula/spinach blend with the balsamic vinegar. Divide it between the two bowls. Also to the bowls, divide the couscous and then top each one with sliced avocado, an egg, and sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle the bowls with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!