This recipe for crispy chicken salad is perfect for lunch, dinner, or any time of day.
Crispy Chicken Salad
This crispy chicken salad with maple dijon dressing is one of our go-to weeknight meals. It’s ready in under 30 minutes and is a great “empty-the-pantry and refrigerator” recipe. Fresh greens are topped with some of my favorite ingredients: creamy avocado, slightly-sweet tomatoes, and crunchy red onion. Fresh burrata just raises this salad to new levels, and let’s not forget about the maple dijon dressing…which might just be the star of the show if you aren’t thinking about the crispy chicken that has just enough spiciness to send your tastebuds galavanting. Enjoy one of our favorite recipes for a quick salad fix!
Can I use something instead of sour cream?
Sour cream is my go-to for having something to “adhere” to. It’s a great binding agent (in this case). You could definitely go the classic egg route, or you could even get fancy and use mayo or buttermilk. It’s really up to you and whatever is in the fridge at the time!
Can I use other fruits and veggies?
Yes! Of course! Go to town! Use whatever your heart’s desire. Use whatever you have in your fridge! This recipe definitely changes on a weekly basis in our house based on what we have on hand, but this is just an example of my favorite salad toppings.
What if I can’t find burrata?
We live in a smaller town, and burrata very easily sells out. If you can’t find burrata, no worries! Fresh mozzarella works just fine.
Are you looking for more great salad recipes on Cooking and Beer? Well, we have a ton of them! Check out some of my favorite salad recipes!
Crispy Maple Chicken
- 1 serving prepared crispy maple chicken sliced
- 8-12 cups fresh greens
- 2 4-ounce balls sliced in half
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- crushed red pepper to taste
Honey Dijon Dressing
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare your chicken by placing the sour cream in one shallow bowl and placing the panko bread crumbs thru the black pepper in another shallow bowl. Mix the panko mixture until combined.
- Taking one piece of chicken at a time, dip and smother in the sour cream and the dip into the panko mixture. Toss to coast and press to adhere where needed. Place on a plate lined with parchment paper. Repeat for the rest of the chicken.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a heavy, large skillet until it reaches 1/4 inch (approximately) up the side of the pan. Heat the oil over medium high heat. Test that the oil is hot enough by dropping a pinch of panko into the pan. If it sizzles, then it's ready to go. If it burns up immediately, the oil is too hot. Add the chicken (working in batches if needed), and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and add to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of fresh greens, burrata, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion. Top with honey maple dressing (recipe below). Season with crushed red pepper or black pepper if desired. Enjoy!
Honey Maple Dressing
- Add all ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and whisk together until combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve with spicy crispy chicken salad!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, and be sure to tag us if you make this dish!