I was on a slow cooker roll last week. I get into moods, and just because summer literally just began, doesn’t mean you can’t put that slow cooker to good use. I think it is a common misconception that the slow cooker is a winter appliance! No way! You can totally use that thing all year long, and there are plenty of recipes to get you through the summer! I like using my slow cooker because of how easy it makes weeknight meals. When I’m super busy, like I have been for the past week, it really makes dinner delicious and simple. This honey chipotle slow cooker chicken is everything you crave in a summer dish. It is sweet, spicy and packed full of flavor!
So we are off to the North in a few days, and I feel like I have a gazillion things to do. I don’t know why I do this to myself every time I go away for a few days. I feel like I am on top of things, until the week before, and then I realize I have a crap ton of stuff to get done. The anxiety kicks in, and I have to go for 12 runs just to calm myself down. Just kidding. I don’t run 12 times a days. That’s nuts!
Also, I don’t think the extreme amount of coffee helps. I’m literally on my fourth latte of the day. I’m just a TAD jittery! Ahh!
So anyway, to make a long story longer…
In the blogger world, it’s often important to have blog posts ready for publishing while you are away on vacation. Where I thought I was ahead of the game, I was completely wrong! … and it’s all for the love of food and beer.
You guys are so welcome. ;)
I think this whole anxiety thing going on is the reason I decided to post my IPA honey chipotle slow cooker chicken today. It soothes my soul in it’s easiness factor. I mean you throw everything in a slow cooker. That’s seriously all you have to do!
I like it best served over rice or in tortillas with some arugula. It’s also great with a sunny side-up egg, but I’m partial to this because I think eggs make the world go round.
Let’s talk beer!
Brewed By: Epic Brewing
Style: India Pale Ale
Description: I know I just cooked with this IPA, but I was on a roll last week and was practically obsessed with it! This IPA gives this chicken an added punch of flavor. Not only is it a spectacular pairing for this dish, but I think it’s even better in it! If you are looking for a beginner cooking with beer recipe, this one is for you! I mean literally, you just throw everything into a slow cooker and call it a day! This IPA is not crazy by any means, and that’s why I love it so much. It’s a great summertime drinking brew, with it’s florally aroma and funky notes. What’s even more spectacular, is that you can get it in the can! I just love this. It makes things so much easier! If you’re a newbie at cooking with beer, it doesn’t get much easier than this!
Have a great week everyone! Here is the yumtastic recipe!
IPA Honey Chipotle Slow Cooker Chicken
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces IPA beer
- 1/2 cup freshly squeeze orange juice
- 4-5 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce diced (more or less to taste)
- 14 ounces petite diced tomatoes canned, liquid drained
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey more to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- cilantro for garnish
- Place the chicken breast in your slow cooker set to high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then add the chicken stock, IPA beer, orange juice, peppers, diced tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, honey garlic powder, chipotle chili powder and onion powder.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Serve on top of rice or quinoa or in tortillas. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!