Hold the phone! I’ve got you covered for game day, quick weeknight meal, and Friday night pizza party. Like, seriously have you covered. Do you know what Zach and I are OBSESSED with lately?? … Yup, french bread pizzas, and they are pretty much the most amazing invention in the history of mankind. I have been going crazy in catch up mode for Cooking and Beer. I was literally just telling Zach via instant messaging (yes, we still use IM … don’t judge me … you know you do it too my 80s babies), how my eyes are about pop out of my head from staring at the computer for too long, and I would go even more crazy if I didn’t have some easy dinner ideas floating around. So, I would like to introduce you to the french bread pizza: the easiest meal evaaahhhh.
Ok, let’s step back a second. It’s not like Zach and I are IMing one another from across the room. I know what you were thinking. Ha! He is at work. I promise. We aren’t that nuts. Weird, maybe. Nuts, no way.
Anyway, like I was saying before, I have been trying to catch up with Cooking and Beer stuff ever since the holidays ended. I’m sure most of you guys can relate. Transferring the site over to a new server is never easy. Keeping up with recipe trends can be daunting, and sometimes the old noggin’ just runs dry. I’m pulling through for you guys though. I will be escaping from my computer as soon as I’m done writing this post however. ;)
I still love you though. xo
So let’s talk about these bbq chicken and pineapple french bread pizzas. Don’t worry, I’m attempting to perfect photographing them. These photos weren’t my favorite, but I couldn’t not post the recipe because it’s just that great. I love that I don’t have to make pizza dough, buy pizza dough, let pizza dough rest, knead pizza dough. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing like a perfectly balanced pizza dough of crisp softness. You know what I’m talking about, but sometimes, I just want super easy, and it doesn’t get much easier than this.
A loaf of french bread (you can scoop out the bread from the center if you wish) is cut in half lengthwise. You top it with an easy sweet chili bbq sauce, chicken breast, bacon, pineapple and cheese of course. Bake these babies in a 450 degree F oven until gooey and melty. These french bread pizzas are the perfect appetizer for game day or a quick weeknight meal.
Recipe and beer pairings are below! I hope everyone has a great day! xo
BBQ Chicken and Pineapple French Bread Pizzas
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 cup store-bought bbq sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf french bread cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups fully-cooked chicken breast shredded
- 4 strips of fully-cooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 1 jalapeno sliced (omit for a less spicy pizza)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray with a non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the bbq sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey and garlic powder. Stir to combine and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until warmed through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the bread halves on the prepared baking sheet. Smear a considerable amount of bbq sauce on each half. Top each with a 1/2 cup of cheese, and then layer on, chicken, bacon, pineapple and jalapenos. Top each half with the remaining 1 cup of cheese, 1/2 cup on each half.
- Place in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melty, bubbly and golden.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a minute or two. Sprinkle on the fresh cilantro, cut into slices and serve immediately.