Scrambled egg tacos are a fun twist on breakfast or brunch!
I’ve got breakfast on the brain. Can you tell? I mean, seriously, you can’t go wrong with breakfast, especially when eggs are involved. Eggs are pretty much our go-to around here when we can’t think of anything else to make. This includes all meals. We eat eggs for dinner all too often. What’s so great about eggs though, is what you can do to do them to make them super special. These scrambled egg tacos with cotija cheese are the perfect example of jazzing up eggs, thus making them perfect for any meal of the day!
My love for eggs is almost as great as my love for turmeric, and my love for turmeric is almost as great as my love for tacos. Why NOT throw them all together into one happy little dish?
These scrambled egg tacos with cotija cheese are so simple. A simple sauté of shallot, jalapeno and garlic provide the base for this recipe. Sprinkle it with some super essential herbs and spices: fresh oregano, cumin and ground turmeric. Once the mixture is amazingly fragrant, you pour in the eggs. Sprinkle with black beans and scramble away. With a layer of these turmeric scrambled eggs, avocado and fresh cotija cheese on top of a warm corn tortilla…seriously, is your mouth watering yet? Mine still is, and I created this dish DAYS ago!
Below you will find my favorite beer pairing for these scrambled egg tacos with cotija cheese, plus the recipe! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! xo
Scrambled Egg Tacos with Cotija Cheese (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Vegetarian)
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds and stem removed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 8 corn tortillas warmed slightly
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup cotija cheese
- green onions green part, sliced (for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and jalapeno and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt and black pepper and then add the garlic, oregano, cumin and turmeric. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes or until fragrant. Pour in the egg mixture and swirl so that the veggies are evenly distributed. Sprinkle the black beans on top. Cook the eggs by letting the eggs sit until bubbly and set around the edges, then scramble with a wooden spoon or spatula until cooked through.
- Place a small amount of eggs into each warm corn tortilla. Top with diced avocado, cotija cheese and green onions.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!