Sweet Honey Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches are topped with a delicious sauce made up of the Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce and are grilled to perfection even in the coldest months of the year. Fried onion rings and crispy bacon will have just about anyone enduring those low temperatures just to have a taste of summertime! Grillers everywhere can enter for a chance to win a year’s supply of Kraft Barbecue Sauce and an Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt for a limited time. More information about this giveaway is at the end of this post!
There is one thing for sure, Zach and I love to grill all year round. We are those people. The people that stand outside in negative temperatures with our hats and mittens on grilling up our favorite foods! I am not ashamed. It’s just the greatest! Throw some barbecue into the mix? My, oh my. I could just go on and on. I think that the idea of grilling in the winter has some people afraid, afraid of that frigid cold, but what I love about it is the reminder that summer is not too far away. Who doesn’t absolutely love the flavors of summer!?
So I have to say, when Kraft released their new line of barbecue sauces and introduced the Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt, we were pretty excited. I think Zach was just about jumping up for joy when he got to put the Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt to use. No more searing those finger tips! Oh, and an added bonus is that it keeps your hand warm while your grilling! Uh, hello! Genius!
This month, Kraft Barbecue Sauce is celebrating the launch of a revamped line of sauces that includes 8 flavors: Original, Hickory Smoke, Mesquite Smoke, Sweet Brown Sugar, Sweet & Spicy, Spicy Honey, Thick & Spicy, and the Sweet Honey like I used in these honey barbecue chicken sandwiches!
A combination of Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce, orange juice, garlic, and crushed red pepper really elevates the flavor of an otherwise ordinary chicken sandwich. Topped with the most necessary sandwich essentials like bacon, lettuce, tomato and Swiss cheese bring those wonderful summer flavors into your home even during the coldest months!
There are all kinds of fun ways to put the newly revamped line of Kraft Barbecue Sauces to use. Head over to check out some amazing Kraft recipes!
If you love barbecue sauce just as much as we do, make sure you enter for a chance to win an Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt of your own and a year’s supply of Kraft Barbecue Sauce. Enter between January 19 and January 30. The winner will be randomly selected at the close of the giveaway.
I hope you guys are enjoying what’s left of your Thursdays! The weekend is only a day away, and I don’t think we could be more excited! Add these sweet honey barbecue chicken sandwiches to your game day menu this weekend. It’s not too late!
Sweet Honey Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Servings:6 chicken sandwiches
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 1/4 cup Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and black pepper
- non-stick canola oil spray
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 poppy seed buns lightly toasted
- 6 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes sliced
- 12 pre-packaged frozen onion rings cooked per manufacturer's instructions
- 12 slices fully-cooked bacon crispy
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce, orange juice, garlic powder and crushed red pepper. Set aside or refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Preheat your grill to medium. While your grill is preheating, season your chicken thighs generously with salt and black pepper. Spray each side with a non-stick canola oil spray.
- Grill your chicken thighs for approximately 9-10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. With 2-3 minutes left of cooking time, baste on the barbecue sauce you prepared earlier on each side, fully coating the chicken thighs (Make sure you leave at least 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce as you will be adding it to your sandwiches at the end). Once cooked through, place a slice of Swiss cheese onto each chicken thigh and close the grill for about a minute, or until the cheese has melted. Remove the chicken from the grill and set aside to rest for just a minute or two.
- Assemble your sweet honey barbecue chicken sandwiches by layering the lettuce leaves, tomatoes, chicken thighs, onion rings, bacon and more of your already prepared barbecue sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and provided product samples by Kraft Foods, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.