No Beer Pairing Today
So my obsession with cherry season and…
…slushy, fruity, summery drinks continues on. I know, right? This is totally unlike me to post so many fab fruity cocktails in a row, but I seriously CAN NOT get over them!
So to give some background on this recipe: Zach and I were just recently in Montreal. Besides speaking terrible French and driving across countries to get there, we had the most amazing time. I literally could move to this city. It was everything I dreamed of and more. Eating fabulous food, drinking AHHH-mazing beer, and buying enough maple products to satisfy a lifetime of maple flavored desserts pretty much sums up how the trip went.
The best part about this trip though was dining at Au Pied de Cochon: a restaurant who has a modern take on French comfort food that I seriously CAN NOT to this day get over. Fois gras anyone? This place had a whole separate list dedicated to fois gras. It was…the best day of my life. In addition to the copious amounts of fois gras on the menu, the cocktails were out of this world. This is where I got the inspiration for this Campari cocktail.
I love Campari. Campari doesn’t get nearly enough love in this country, but I’m going to spend the rest of my life trying to change that! This recipe is what dreams are made of. I imagine heaven being full of slushy Campari drinks. I know, totally weird, but totally awesome…and I think you will find this to be true after you try out this recipe! Cheers friends! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Rainier Cherry and Orange Campari Cocktails
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
For the "Pink" Layer
- 1 1/2 cups Rainier cherries pitted
- 1/2 cup tart cherry juice
- 1/2 cup Campari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups ice
For the "Orange" Layer
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 4 cups ice
- Garnish: Rainier cherries
- To the pitcher of a high-powered blender, add the Rainier cherries, cherry juice, Campari, honey and ice. Blend until fully combined. Pour equally into 4 glasses and place in the freezer.
- Wipe the pitcher clean. To the pitcher, add the orange juice, vodka and ice. Blend until fully combined. Pour the orange layer on top of the pink layer.
- Serve immediately with Rainier cherries for garnish. Enjoy!