Raspberry, Matcha Super Green Smoothie is the perfect way to kick-start your New Year’s resolutions.
Don’t let the color fool you, this smoothie is all about the flavor. Raspberries give this smoothie a certain amount of sweet tartness, while the spinach and matcha powder brings it back down to earth by giving it a subtle earthiness that’s hearty AND delicious. This raspberry, matcha super green smoothie is the perfect smoothie to add to your morning breakfast routine!
While, I have been a smoothie-lover for quite some time, it took me a while to jump on board. They never filled me up. I couldn’t just get up and drink a smoothie and be good until lunch time. I still have a hard time starting my day with just a smoothie. I usually have to pack them full of all kinds of ingredients, drink 2-3 servings and also have a bowl of granola or some eggs with toast. When I make a smoothie, it has to be special. It has to be hearty, but not disgusting. This is just what this raspberry, matcha super green smoothie brings to the table. Don’t let that green color fool you. This smoothie is sooo flavorful, you’ll want 2-3 servings yourself!
I have never been much of a kale smoothie lover. This may be because I don’t exactly love kale. Oh, don’t get me wrong. I love myself a good kale salad, but let’s be honest, it’s hard to chew and super bitter. When I go green, I usually go the spinach route. This smoothie is packed full of spinach…3 cups worth to be exact! The spinach complimented with tart raspberries and matcha powder is really something amazing. It’s the perfect breakfast pick-me-up.
Add these raspberry, matcha super green smoothies to your morning breakfast routine. You will not be disappointed!
Smoothie Week: Raspberry, Matcha Super Green Smoothie
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- To a blender, add all of the ingredients in the order displayed above. Pulse 2-3 times to break up the ingredients and then blend on high for about 1 minute, or until the smoothie is smooth. Add more liquid as needed if you find the smoothie to be too thick.
- Serve immediately or pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze for about 2 months. To defrost, place the smoothie in the fridge for about 24 hours before serving.