Turmeric sweet potato chips with mascarpone dip is a healthier appetizer recipe where the chips are baked and not fried, and the dip is loaded with herbs! They are the perfect snack for a weekend dinner party or afternoon soiree!
I think there is a common misconception that football food, game day food, and tailgating food has to be bad for you in order to taste good. As many of you already know, I have posted my fair share of football-related recipes on this blog, and most of them have not been so great for you. Today I’m trying to rectify that. With these baked turmeric sweet potato chips with mascarpone dip, I will prove that game day food doesn’t have to be deep fried and covered in wing sauce. They are so good you guys, so good.
I’m very picky when it comes to chips. I tend to stick to the basics: potato chips and corn tortilla chips. Rarely do I step out of the box, except where sweet potato chips are concerned. What I love about sweet potato chips is that they are very simple to crisp up in the oven, and I hardly ever deep fry them. They are actually much better baked. I find that regular russet potatoes have a harder time crisping up. Most of the time then end up burnt, and they end up burnt very quickly.
Turmeric Sweet Potato Chips with Mascarpone Dip
The second best part about this recipe is the mascarpone dip. I love this dip for many reasons, but one of the biggest reason is because Zach hates all forms of blue cheese, and that includes gorgonzola. That means I get to eat it all! That aside, this dip is very easy to make and ready in a minute. Not only is it perfect for these turmeric sweet potato chips, but it’s also great with veggies!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe for turmeric sweet potato chips with mascarpone dip. It’s one of my favorite snacks, and will be a major hit with all of your guests! I hope you enjoy! Have a wonderful everyone! xoxo
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme plus extra for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with foil. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, whisk together the oil, turmeric, cinnamon, salt, cayenne, and chili powder. Add the sweet potato slices and toss to coat.
- Place each slice on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them an inch apart. Place both sheets in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and flip each slice. Place the sheets back in the oven and bake for 5 more minutes or until edges begin to brown and the chips begin to darken. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. As they cool, they will curl up and continue to crisp.
- NOTE: I tend to leave my chips in the oven for a little bit longer because I like them dark, dark brown. Leave the chips if for your desired consistency.
- While your chips are cooling, prepare your dip. In a small bowl, stir together the mascarpone cheese, gorgonzola crumbles, lemon juice, cracked black pepper, and chopped thyme.
- Serve the dip garnished with more thyme and black pepper. Enjoy immediately!