This garlic bucatini with blistered tomatoes and spicy chicken is a pasta-lover’s dream. It is packed full of light and delicious flavor!
There’s one thing I absolutely can’t get enough of and that’s pasta. I wouldn’t want to live in a world where it didn’t exist. Any season of the year, any day of the week…pasta never gets old. What I love most about pasta is that it’s a black slate to put whatever your creative mind tells you to put in it. Because we are officially into the summer solstice, I am all about adding fresh and vibrant flavors to pasta. This pasta dish celebrates those flavors. It really doesn’t have a sauce. The “sauce” is melted butter, garlic, crushed red pepper, and basil. Yes, it’s that simple. The freshness comes from the bright cherry tomatoes, and the spicy chicken gives it that needed pop of flavor.
This garlic bucatini is a must-make as the tomatoes begin to come in season. It’s the perfect way to celebrate them! Make this recipe at some point this summer. You will make it again and again!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lb bucatini or similar pasta
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- grated parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 tsp fresh parsley for topping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil. Place the chicken on top and sprinkle with cajun seasoning. Bake chicken for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat and sliced.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the rest of your ingredients. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the bucatini and boil until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- While the bucatini is boiling, add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large saute pan set over medium-low heat. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Cook until the tomatoes JUST BEGIN to blister and are slightly warmed through. Remove from heat and transfer the tomatoes to a bowl. Cover. Adjust the temperature of the pan to medium.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt. Add the garlic, basil, and crushed red pepper. Cook for two minutes, and remove from heat. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer the pasta along with 1/4 cup of pasta water to the pan with butter. Add more water as needed. Also add the chicken and tomatoes. Toss to combine. Season to taste.
- Serve the pasta topped with cheese and fresh parsley. Enjoy!