Roasted peaches and sweet cherries with graham cracker crumble is the perfect bright summer dessert that highlight fresh summer fruit!
Good morning, and happy Wednesday everyone! I thought today would be the perfect day to share one of my favorite summertime sweet treats. The thing about summer desserts is that they usually gravitate around ice cream, and while I love ice cream to the moon and back, I think that you can really jazz up summer fruits to make them the perfect sweet summer treat (BTW, vanilla ice cream WOULD be delicious with these roasted peaches and cherries). We are still about a month away from the perfect western peach being in season. Colorado usually starts to pump them out towards the end of July and into August, but fortunately they are simple to get anytime of year. Cherries are popping up all over the place, and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I love sweet summer cherries and this dessert is an ode to them.
I hope you guys enjoy this dessert for the warm summer months! It is the perfect way to celebrate fresh summer fruit! Make it ASAP and enjoy!
Roasted Peaches and Sweet Cherries with Graham Cracker Crumble
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 lb peaches pitted and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups sweet pitted cherries
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp lemon or orange juice
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the peaches, cherries, cornstarch, 1/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla bean paste, lemon juice, and salt. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs and butter. With clean hands, work the butter into the graham crackers until fully incorporated. Add the almonds and remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the peaches and cherries.
- Bake the fruit for 40-45 minutes or until nice and brown on top. If the topping browns too quickly, cover it with foil and resume cooking.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!