30-Minute Crispy Baked fish is a family-friendly weeknight dish that is on the table in no time!
A simple mixture of mayo, mustard, seasonings and spices is dolloped on top of 4 filets of white fish. While the mayo mixture acts as the binder, a simple blend of panko bread crumbs and Italian seasoning is sprinkled on top, covering each square inch. After the fish is sprayed heavily with a nonstick spray, it bakes in a 450 degree F oven until crispy and brown. In less than 30 minutes, this 30-minute crispy baked fish is on the dinner table!
Happy Monday, friends! I’m keeping things short, sweet and simple today. It’s kind of been an insane week and a half. I feel like Zach and I have had Thanksgiving dinner (and leftovers) for 7 days straight, and it’s all because I’m getting ready to share an insane amount of Thanksgiving desserts and leftover recipes! I’m pretty excited about this extravaganza you guys. I made cinnamon bars yesterday, and they were to DIE for.
In an effort to stay sane through this cooking extravaganza, I’ve kept some of our weeknight dinners very simple. This 30-minute crispy baked fish is a staple in our house, and let me just tell you…it’s pretty rare to have a staple around here. Most of my cooking and baking revolves around this blog, so I hardly ever repeat dishes.
Except for my absolutely addicting red sauce with sausage, this 30-minute crispy baked fish is usually made once a week around here. It only takes about 10 minutes of prep and 12 minutes of cooking time. It’s one of those dishes that I serve with a large salad on the side, and really hits the spot when I’m sick of being in the kitchen and wanting dinner on the table in little time.
Add this dish to your weeknight menus this week, and pair it with a Saison while you’re add it! Have a wonderful week everyone! xo
- nonstick spray
- 4 filets of white fish cod, tilapia, or any white fish of your preference, patted dry
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs more as needed
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or herbs de Provence or any mix of dry herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray with a nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper. In another bowl mix the panko bread crumbs and Italian seasoning together.
- Make sure the fish is COMPLETELY DRY. I pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Place the fish on the prepared baking sheet. On top of the fish, spoon the mayo mixture equally among each filet. Spread it with the back of a spoon. Next, spoon the bread crumb mixture on top, making sure to evenly coat each piece of fish. Spray the fish with the nonstick spray and place it in the oven.
- Cook the fish for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown on top. Remove from heat.
- Serve the fish garnished with fresh parsley and with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!