This Bruschetta Pasta with Chicken is the perfect weeknight dinner solution!
Bruschetta Pasta with Chicken
Here is another quick and simple dinner recipe for you, and it’s a winner. I know we are about a month and a half out from the kids heading back to school, but add this recipe to the weekly menu plan. You won’t regret it. This bruschetta pasta with chicken combines all the amazing flavor of bruschetta: ripe and juicy tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. The chicken is just a bonus and is simply made with Italian seasoning and a blend of parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Toss both the bruschetta and chicken on top of a bed of buttery, garlicky pasta, and there you have it: gourmet dining on a Monday! I hope you guys love this recipe as much as we do. Please see below for some frequently asked questions about this dish!
What will I need to make this recipe?
1 lb long pasta such as spaghetti or linguine
2 tbsp olive oil
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 roma tomato
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
4 tbsp unsalted butter
2 clove of garlic finely
What about making this dish vegetarian?
Totally doable. Believe it or not, this pasta can be just as good without the chicken. Simply, eliminate the chicken. The bruschetta is definitely the star, and when it’s simply tossed with pasta, it is just so satisfying. Feel free to throw some veggies into the pasta if you would like a little something extra!
Bruschetta Pasta with Chicken
Thoughts on using chicken thighs?
Love it! If you are like every single person in my family, then you also think chicken breast is a fantastic waste of time. Feel free to sub in boneless, skinless chicken thighs for some added flavor and fat. :)
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
This pasta is great for leftovers. In fact, sometimes it’s even better leftover. It’s also a great meal prep dish. Make it on Sunday, and have it all week long. Surprisingly enough and even though there is pasta involved, this dish is relatively light. Simply make the dish according to the instructions below, divide all portions among four meal prep containers. Refrigerate! Cover and microwave until warm. It keeps for about 4-5 days in the fridge!
Are you looking for more great pasta recipes on Cooking and Beer? Well, we have a ton of them! Check out some of my favorite pasta recipes!
- 1 lb long pasta such as spaghetti or linguine
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut in half, length-wise
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 roma tomatoes finely diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley plus extra for garnish
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 2 clove of garlic finely minced
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain (reserving 1/4 cup of water) and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken all over with 1 tbsp Italian season, salt, and black pepper (using more Italian seasoning if needed). Brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes one each side, and then transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet. Add half of the parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken. Bake the chicken for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. The cheese should be brown and bubbly by this point. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the chicken is baking and the pasta is boiling, prepare the bruschetta and sauce. In the same pan that you cooked the chicken, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomato and remaining Italian seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes, and then add the balsamic vinegar, sugar, and a dash of salt and black pepper. Cook for another minute until slightly reduced. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the basil, parsley, and chives. Stir in 2 tbsp of unsalted butter until melted. Set the pan aside.
- Once the pasta has cooked and you have drained the water (reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water), add the pasta back to the pan. Over low heat, add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter, reserved pasta water, garlic, and a dash of salt and black pepper.
- To assemble, divide the pasta among four plates or bowls. Sliced the chicken and divide among the four plates. Top each plate with bruschetta and sauce and garnish with the remaining cheeses and parsley. Enjoy immediately!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, and be sure to tag us if you make this dish!